I got nominated for this by Caroline Vincent – a true fan of all things bookish, especially those related to miss christie – she blogs here https://www.bitsaboutbooks.net/blogger-recognition-award-feb-2017/ and is an amazing blogger. She really sums up how I feel about books with this statement from her blogs homepage: Books open up new worlds to us and form the perfect escape for our minds – books make us feel sad, happy or smile, a book is your ideal companion in life.
As both a blogger and someone who arrange blog tours for people I know how important it is to authors and readers that there are such amazing bloggers out in the world. Now this award come with some strings attached so here are the rules.
RULES OF THE AWARDS
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog; let them know you have nominated them; provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog got started:
I read too much, or so my real life book group told me and they suggested that as I already read far more than I should maybe I should start a blog to share my ideas about books, So I did. Unfortunately unlike many of the bloggers I’ll go on and discuss, I dont really have the time to commit to making my blog as good as it could be and I tend to blog sporadically, that’s the reason caroline’s nomination is so special.
2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- say what you think and blog about what you know, its the only way you will ever make your blog stand out and stay true to yourself
- learn from others, there are some amazing bloggers out there – and more often then not they will give you some great hints and tips about how to improve your blog.
15 other bloggers- this is the problem – i’m not sure I know that many so here goes
1)Sarah hardy – blogs at by the letter book reviews – https://bytheletterbookreviews.com – she is my biggest inspiration as a blogger – she very generously shares everyones blogs and goes out of her way to encourage people – my blog is only as good as it is because of the encouragement of people like Sarah.
2)Maggie James – http://www.maggiejamesfiction.com/blog – she’s a fantastic author and blogs as well, I don’t know how she find the time
3)Caroline vincent – already nominated me but is a fantastic and reliable blogger
4) Sarah kenny – blogs at the great british book off – https://sarahjk79.wixsite.com/thegreatbritishbook/single-post/2017/02/13/BLOG-TOUR—No-Safe-Home-by-Tara-Lyons-bloodhoundbooks-TaraLyons-NoSafeHome-Blogtour-bloghounds-review-thriller – she is amazing and does no end of things to help authors – her book launch parties are fantastic.
5) Nicki Murphy – blogst at Nickis book blog on facebook – https://www.facebook.com/nickisbookblog/
6) Ignite bookblog – http://ignitebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/sarah-denzil.html – Is another author, blogger, all around megastar – she writes amazing ghost stories by the way.
7) Noelle Holten and Claire Knight – blog at crime book junkie – https://crimebookjunkie.co.uk – another must stop for all things crime related
8) Alexina golding – Bloghound extraordinare at bookstormer – https://www.facebook.com/bookstormer/ – another member of the bloghound pack and all around wise blogger and reader.
Sorry Caroline Vincent – this will stop with me as I cannot possibly name 15 other bloggers.